STUDY ABROAD: TOP BEST FOREIGN UNIVERSITIES TO STUDY ABROAD
For higher learning education, studying abroad is a life-changing experience. Most African students love studying abroad because they are entitled to different advantages (i.e. students will have the advantage of learning and honing new language skills as well as other skills) which may benefit them either now or in the future. In addition to the extensive language practice you will receive in everyday life, your host university will most likely offer language classes to supplement your academic study. Immerse yourself in a new culture and broaden your horizons outside the classroom.
Foreign universities can provide students with quality education, a high standard of living, immigration opportunities, and job opportunities. it also gives them the opportunity to see the world; it enhances your world view! It helps build self-confidence by immersing in another culture and experiencing a different style of teaching. Learning about new cultural perspectives is a thing of joy that also enhances our cultural mindset.
If you’re still not convinced, consider this: studying in a distant nation exposes you to a variety of new hobbies and interests that you would not have discovered if you stayed at home. You may discover that you have an unknown knack for hiking, water sports, snow skiing, golf, or a variety of other new sports that you have never attempted at home.
And there are several advantages and benefits for higher education students studying abroad. When a student spends a semester or year abroad, it can benefit them in the following ways:
- Learning about new cultural contexts
- Explore unanticipated professions
- Embrace new tradition
- Become more self-sufficient
Summer student programs might encourage students to travel and learn more about the world, through the study abroad programs college students obtain valuable career skills and information.
International study programs, including those offered at the institutions listed below, entail a significant amount of academic work – a year or semester, or an intensive experience corresponding to a course – as well as significant engagement between the student and the culture. College presidents, chief academic officers, deans of students, and deans of admissions from over 1,500 schools were required to propose up to 15 colleges with outstanding study abroad programs in the spring and summer of 2021.
LIST OF THE TOP BEST UNIVERSITIES TO STUDY ABROAD
- UNIVERSITY OF TURKEY
- UNIVERSITY OF BELARUS
- UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON
- UNIVERSITY OF OXFORD
- UNIVERSITY OF CAMBRIDGE
- UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK
- UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO
- UNIVERSITY OF LONDON
- UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN
- HARVARD UNIVERSITY
- DUKE UNIVERSITY
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF PASADENA
- GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY
- ELON UNIVERSITY
- ARCADIA UNIVERSITY
- NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY
- UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO
- PRINCETON UNIVERSITY
- BOSTON UNIVERSITY
- STOCKHOLM UNIVERSITY
- TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY
- UNIVERSITY OF DENVER
- SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY
- UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA
- COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY
- UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN-MADISON
- YALE UNIVERSITY
- ROCKEFELLER UNIVERSITY
- CORNELL UNIVERSITY
- THE UNIVERSITY OF MELBOURNE
- THE UNIVERSITY OF BRITISH COLUMBIA
- MCGILL UNIVERSITY
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- BROWN UNIVERSITY
- UNIVERSITY OF MANCHESTER
- MONASH UNIVERSITY
- RICE UNIVERSITY
- PURDUE UNIVERSITY
The universities listed above are some of the very best universities to study at.
REQUIREMENTS TO STUDY ABROAD
- APPLICATION FORM: This is the most essential document, as it contains all of your individual and professional information. An application form must be carefully filled out with accurate information. Always double-check your work before submitting it.
- STATEMENT OF PURPOSE: This essay, the most important component of your application, will primarily discuss your background, reasons for pursuing your program at the specified university, and career goals. Spend a lot of time writing your essay because it will help your application stand out among thousands of others.
- TRANSCRIPT OF AN ACADEMIC: This is essentially your academic record, which will include any courses you’ve taken as well as your grades, credits, and degree received (easily available from your particular university).
- LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION: A letter of recommendation (LOR) is an academic letter of recommendation written by one of your professors or managers that discusses your skills, achievements, experience, and contribution to your college or professional organization. This letter provides the admissions committee with information about your life, allowing them to make an informed decision about your admission.
- CURRICULUM VITAE (CV): A CV will provide a detailed summary of your academic and professional history. Make sure to include all of your degrees, certificates, internships, and relevant work experience, but don’t overdo it. It is a good idea to have your IDP counselor review the draft.
- TEST SCORES: As previously stated, your grades will have an impact on your chances of admission to your preferred university or college. As a result, you must include your test results with your application.
Most countries and organizations require you to pass an English language proficiency test, such as the IELTS (International English Language Testing System), to demonstrate that you can read, write, and converse in English. You must submit your scores together with your application.
You may also be needed to take more general standardized tests such as the SAT or GRE, depending on your choice of location and institution.
- ESSAYS: Some universities may require you to submit a study abroad essay to demonstrate that you are serious about studying abroad. This essay provides an excellent opportunity to make an excellent first impression and demonstrate to the university administration that you are prepared and determined to pursue the stated course in their organization.
Finally, you must have a passport that is valid for at least six months after your intended return date. If you do not have a passport or it is about to expire, apply for one or renew it as soon as possible.
Make sure you apply to your preferred universities or colleges before the deadline. To make the tedious application process easier, our experienced international education specialists will walk you through the entire process.
- HEALTH AND CHARACTER REQUIREMENT: Certain countries also require a student’s health conditions in order to ensure the student’s health safety and security. Students who are physically and mentally healthy are essentially given the opportunity to study abroad. Before applying for a job overseas, some tests and immunizations are required. Aside from that, the character’s assurance is necessary. Before beginning the application procedure, specific character certifications from educational institutions and the government of the applicant’s home country are required. These credentials are frequently required to be validated and certified by reputable organizations.
HOW TO APPLY TO UNIVERSITIES ABROAD
- SELECT YOUR STUDY PROGRAM.
- CAREFULLY READ THE REQUIREMENTS AND DEADLINES.
- WRITE A PERSONAL INSPIRING LETTER.
- INQUIRE ABOUT A RECOMMENDATION LETTER.
- BE READY FOR THE IELTS TEST.
- TRANSLATE AND VERIFY YOUR DOCUMENTS.
- APPLY ONLINE PLATFORM.
- APPLY FOR THE ENTRANCE EXAM.
- PREPARE FOR THE INTERVIEW WITH CONFIDENCE.
- BOOK YOUR VISA APPOINTMENT.
- PREPARE FOR THE BUDGET.
The advantages of studying abroad cannot be overstated, and they far outweigh the disadvantages. It’ll most likely be a bumpy ride, but here’s a promise: it’ll be worth it! It’ll be a once-in-a-lifetime experience.