INSTITUT SUPERIEUR DE COMMUNICATION D'ORGANIZATION DE MANAGEMENT: ISCOM
Set in the heart of Cotonou, Benin Republic, the nation’s first-largest city, ISCOM is a comprehensive university that fosters diversity and an intellectual environment that produces the next generation of leaders and advances tomorrow’s thinking.
ISCOM is founded by Prof. Tohi Bruno, a self-made man; an acclaimed university administrator.
The University run a consistent, predictable and assured academic calendar with 100% FULL accreditation by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, Benin Republic and UNESCO.
The institution has graduated 3 sets of students since 2014 till date. In addition to the university degrees, students obtain professional certification in Banking, Accounting, ICT, Marketing, ICAN, Computer Science and Engineering and a Compulsory certificate in French language by all students.
The institute is accredited by MHESR (Republic of Benin) and UNESCO – all programmes are fully accredited with National and International Acknowledgements
The vision of the University is to lead education reform in Africa by providing a world class educational centre of excellence in academics, character, sports and vocational development.
This vision is guided by the need to produce professionals who are sound and agile. Through its academic and professional programmes, graduates of the University will emerge as people with professional skills and become business owners thus assuring each of them a job after graduation.
The Proprietor dreams of leaders and achievers who would be self-reliant, kind and generous, considerate and sportsmanlike. Students shall be made to believe in the golden rule that no matter ones background, nothing is impossible; and with hard work, one can make it to the top.
In form and structure, ISCOM University is conceived as a citadel for the promotion of an authentic learning environment that puts intellectualism at the center of its tradition. The temperament of universality and excellence shall be imbibed and shall be evident at every level of academic decisions-making in all Faculties and departments of the University.
ISCOM University is a result-oriented institution for producing highly skilled and socially relevant graduates capable of applying scientific knowledge for the resolution of social and technological problems. The University is equally committed to transforming students into expert thinkers, innovative managers and resourceful technocrats in all fields of learning.
The context of the university is morally and spiritually holding, with a stable academic calendar, a fully-stocked library, state-of-the-art Communication studio and laboratory. The university’s mandate is to pioneer total excellence along the parameters of teaching, research, performance, sports, community impact and scholarship.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENT FOR UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMMES
- Five O’Level (WAEC, NECO, GCE, NABTEB and IGCSE) Credit Passes at not more than two sittings to include English Language, Mathematics, Literature in English, and any other 2 Social Sciences or Arts Subjects are required for admission into Faculty of Arts and Humanities.
- Five O’Level (WAEC, NECO, GCE, NABTEB and IGCSE) Credit Passes at not more than two sittings to include English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology are required for admission into the Faculty of Pure and applied Science Programmes.
- Other Programmes: Five O’Level (WAEC, NECO, GCE, NABTEB and IGCSE) Credit Passes at not more than two sittings to include English Language, Mathematics and three (3) other subjects relevant to course of study.
|B.Sc||Human Resources Management||3 YEARS|
|B.Sc||Computer Science||3 YEARS|
|B.A||Mass Communication||3 YEARS|
|B.Sc||Business Administration||3 YEARS|
|B.Eng||Electrical/Electronic Engineering||3 YEARS|
|B.Sc||Banking and Finance||3 YEARS|
|B.Sc||Information Technology||3 YEARS|
|B.Sc||International Relation and Diplomacy||3 YEARS|
|B.Sc||Social Justice||3 YEARS|
|B.Eng||Computer Engineering||3 YEARS|
|B.Sc||Estate Management||3 YEARS|
|B.Sc||Political Science||3 YEARS|
|B.Sc||Public Administration||3 YEARS|
|B.A||French Language Communication||3 YEARS|
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES:
Master of Science (M.Sc)
The criteria for admission into the Master’s Programme (M.Sc.) are as stated bellow:
All candidates must have minimum of five credit passes including English, Mathematics and three relevant subjects to proposed course of study at ‘O’ Level (WAEC, NECO, GCE, NABTEB and IGCSE).
Professional Master’s Degree Programme
- Candidates for professional Master’s degree programme must obtain a minimum of Second Class Lower Division in the relevant discipline of ISCOM University or equivalent of any other University approved by UNESCO and the National Universities Commission (NUC, for Nigerian Universities).
- Candidates with university degree in Third Class or HND plus a university PGD at credit level pass, (i.e., CGPA of 3.0/5.0) or 50% on weighted percentage average may be considered for admission into professional Master’s degree programmes.
- All candidates must demonstrate adequate intellectual capacity, maturity and effective decision making and problem solving potentials.
Academic Master’s Degree Programme
- Candidates with Bachelor’s degrees from the relevant discipline of ISCOM University or equivalent of any other University approved by UNESCO and the National Universities Commission (NUC, for Nigerian Universities) must obtain a minimum of second class lower division with a CGPA of 2.5/5.0 for an academic programme.
- Candidates with at least a third class degree or HND and university PGD in the relevant discipline of ISCOM University or equivalent of any other University approved by UNESCO and the National Universities Commission (NUC, for Nigerian Universities) with CGPA of 3.0/5.0 may be considered for admission into academic Master’s degree programmes.
Award Course Name Duration M.Sc Human Resources Management 3 Semesters – Full Time M.Sc Mass Communication 3 Semesters – Full Time MBA Business Administration 4 Semesters – Full Time M.Sc Finance 3 Semesters – Full Time MIRD International Relation and Diplomacy 4 Semesters – Full Time M.Sc Management 3 Semesters – Full Time M.Sc Economics 3 Semesters – Full Time M.Sc Microbiology 3 Semesters – Full Time M.Sc Conflict, Peace and Strategic Studies 3 Semesters – Full Time M.Sc Biology 3 Semesters – Full Time