RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Clients rely on us to answer questions that demand an objective and multidisciplinary approach—one that integrates expertise across the social and laboratory sciences, engineering, and international development.
RTI is seeking Chief of Party (COP) candidates for an anticipated USAID-funded Integrated Reproductive Health/Maternal Child Health/Malaria Program in Benin. The COP will provide management oversight, guiding the project’s vision, direction and technical implementation. This position is contingent upon award and funding.
The COP is responsible for the overall performance and results of the project, including management and oversight of the program’s technical, operational, and administrative staff. S/he will be RTI’s representative to USAID/Benin, the Government of Benin, other donors and multinationals, technical agencies and other participating organizations as required. The position will be based in Cotonou, Benin.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the RTI’s representative to USAID/Benin, PMI, the Government of Benin, other donors and multinationals, technical agencies and other participating organizations as required.
- Interface regularly with USAID on management and decision-making. Ensure that the project activities are meeting client and stakeholder expectations and that project results are proactively disseminated.
- Assume primary responsibility for project performance and budget management
- Lead the planning, monitoring and coordination of all activities and project staff, operational and technical
- Responsible for the development and implementation of practice to ensure a high level of morale and retention of staff.
- Provide leadership and oversight in areas such as finance, operations, reporting, public affairs, fund management and human resources; liaise with regional office and business partners according to policies and practices.
- Responsible for managing overall project performance and results, including providing oversight and direction to the program’s technical, operational, and administrative staff. Ensure all project deliverables meets expectations and managed within budget
- Responsible for ensuring the smooth implementation of the project and for providing general program and technical direction as well as ensuring timely and quality completion of required reports.
- Develop and implement annual program work and performance milestone plans and negotiates an agreement of those plans with USAID, PMI, and other partner organizations.
- Responsible for addressing contract-related issues, including ensuring that RTI financial controls and systems comply with generally accepted accounting practices that meet USAID standards, and that all activity-procured materials and equipment are safeguarded and prudently and responsibly used.
- Manage all aspects of Staffing and create / maintain a clear organizational structure with specific roles, responsibilities and reporting lines.
- Master’s Degree in public health, biological sciences, environmental sciences, entomology or related area.
- S/he should be a senior project management specialist with 14 years of experience in the implementation and management of international public health projects. Experience managing reproductive health, maternal and child health, or malaria prevention and control projects preferred. Substantial experience as a Chief of Party, highly preferable.
- Knowledgeable and experienced with international development contracting policies and procedures, specifically USAID.
- Demonstrated capacity to build and maintain productive working relationships with a wide network of partners and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Presidential Malaria Initiative and procedures pertaining to activity design/implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Broad technical understanding of public health and knowledgeable about reproductive health, maternal and child health, and malaria prevention and control
- Demonstrated professional excellence in health program management including experience in the following: client relationship management, developing program work plans, developing program budgets, managing program implementation, and managing technical assistance teams.
- Strong strategic planning, management, supervision, and budgeting expertise.
- Excellent ability in communication (verbal and written): Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Must be professionally fluent in English and French (FS-3 level or higher).
- Proven knowledge and experience managing an international project with international and local staff.
- Ability to recruit, build consensus among, and develop high performing teams.
- Prior working experience in West Africa highly preferred.
- Strong ability to work across technical and operational areas within business group and corporate.
- Familiarity with international development systems, policies, finances and management in developing countries.
How to apply: Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. This position is contingent upon award and funding. RTI is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org