Website Management Sciences for Health
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is seeking a compliance officer for procedures, regulations and policies for a USAID-funded five-year program that will provide integrated health services to address the systematic challenges that impede delivery and the adoption of health services in Benin. The program will focus on building sustainable local capacity to reduce the morbidity and mortality of mothers, infants, children and adolescents. It will build the capacity of local government, health sector leaders and community members to ensure the availability, uptake, quality, sustainability and financing of health services. The program will also support and strengthen management and governance systems with approaches tailored to local needs and contextual realities. The compliance officer will be based in Porto Novo and will be supervised by the MSH Internal Audit Director.
The incumbent will ensure that all staff are familiar with and adhere to USAID and MSH policies and procedures. It will identify gaps in existing control systems and make recommendations to strengthen them. He / she will develop a plan to review and assess the effectiveness and efficiency of operations, the reliability of financial reporting, compliance with MSH policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), the compliance requirements of funds, Beninese legislation and the safeguarding of assets. He / she will plan, execute and report on internal controls to confirm if controls are in place and effective. He / she will also conduct reviews and supervise a system of regular spot checks to verify if MSH Benin complies with USAID and MSH requirements. He / she will present the results in full reports and checklists and then follow up to ensure that his / her recommendations have been implemented and respected. He / she will also assist the project management team to follow the audit recommendations and corrective actions of the internal and external auditors to verify that the recommendations have been implemented and adhered to. ensure that its recommendations have been implemented and respected. He / she will also assist the project management team to follow the audit recommendations and corrective actions of the internal and external auditors to verify that the recommendations have been implemented and adhered to. ensure that its recommendations have been implemented and respected. He / she will also assist the project management team to follow the audit recommendations and corrective actions of the internal and external auditors to verify that the recommendations have been implemented and adhered to.
Responsibilities and Characteristics of the Position:
- Confirm that all financial and operational activities of the project comply with Beninese law, the rules and regulations of donors and MSH policies and standards.
- Develop an annual evaluation plan including regular spot checks, assessment tools, standards, taking into account ethical considerations, and a timeline to evaluate all project functions, including all regional offices on a one-to-one basis. regular basis; and to revisit sites that present a higher risk.
- Test internal controls, targeting high risk areas. Document weakness and make recommendations in written reports to correct weaknesses.
- Monitor, document and report on progress of implementation of audit recommendations and corrective action plans on a quarterly basis. Quarterly reports will be submitted to the project management team and MSH headquarters.
- Examine the adequacy and appropriateness of internal controls as part of MSH Benin’s policies.
- Identify gaps in internal policies, procedures and systems and provide recommendations for strengthening them. Follow the recommendations to confirm that they have been implemented and followed.
- Prepare detailed reports of each evaluation / review with results and priority recommendations. Provide regular spot-check reports to the project management team and the Director of Internal Audit at MSH.
- Follow internal and external auditors’ recommendations to ensure that recommendations have been implemented and adhered to.
- Keep abreast of current laws, guidelines and trends in the local legal environment and NGOs.
- Provide a risk assessment for the financial and operational landscape. Identify high risk and high probability events, and provide the recommended mitigation plan. Provide ad hoc risk assessments for specific scenarios upon request.
- Provide ad hoc advice, assisting staff to achieve the goal of establishing sound risk management and internal control systems; provide practical advice on how best to comply with donor financial policy and guidelines.
- Responsible for recommending solutions for the effectiveness of MSH’s systems, processes, and business processes, in accordance with the agreed key performance indicators, and ensuring that service level agreements are adhered to where appropriate.
- Delegation by delegation for risk and compliance decision-making, and is responsible for managing internal audit responses and requests for information from external regulators.
- Conduct a test of support function controls to ensure that they comply with MSH policies and procedures and that they work effectively.
- Disseminate policies, systems and practices, and provide training and advice for the management of all financial resources in accordance with the procedures of MSH and the donor (USAID, etc.).
- Facilitates the evolution of an advanced and effective risk management culture across the organization, to ensure that all business activities are conducted in accordance with MSH policies, relevant sectoral regulations, national laws and standards risk management.
Budgeting, financial analysis and donor reports:
- Work closely with program teams to ensure full compliance with donor contract management rules and donor compliance standards.
- In coordination with the COP, monitor the performance and effectiveness of the project by analyzing / projecting monthly expenditure rates and highlighting possible problem areas.
- Validate monthly cost analysis and updated cost ratios to ensure that each lessor bears the correct proportion of costs.
- Monitor and review budgets in consultation with budget officials and the finance team; Conduct detailed reviews of the status of activities and provide expert advice to budget officials.
- Participate in the monthly review and analysis of financial reports and reconciliations with particular attention to how resources can be better allocated to achieve program objectives.
- Support system integration and provide project management support as required.
Support for internal and external audit:
- Supports the preparation and successful completion of internal and external audit activities for the Project Leader, MSH HQ and for the annual donor audit report.
- Conduct ad hoc and confidential investigations of control violations, as required, from time to time.
- Review management comments on audit reports and work to monitor progress of work plans for implementing recommendations from internal and external audits.
- Evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness with which corporate resources are deployed.
- Review systems and procedures in all business lines and field offices, recommending improvements to existing processes and procedures.
- In coordination with the Human Resources and Finance Unit, oversee the generation of accurate and timely payroll, and the payment of withholding taxes to the appropriate government agency in a timely manner and in accordance with the requirements of the laws of the country.
- Evaluate the degree of compliance of various functional areas with agreed policies, procedures, plans, legislation, and surveillance measures to address high-risk areas and / or observed control failures.
Management of contracts with the lessors:
- Ensure the understanding of the administrative and financial requirements of the donors throughout the duration of their contract.
- Develop and maintain effective reporting systems
- Ensure compliance with donor and MSH policies and procedures.
- Participate in regular meetings with partner organizations to understand the context and the operating environment; ensure that the working relationship between them and MSH is positive, open and conducive to the achievement of agreed goals. Demonstrate leadership and ensure good coordination and capacity building.
- Design training programs to continually improve the individual and organizational capacity to take on additional responsibilities to ensure the highest standards of accountability, ethics and compliance.
- Support orientation and training of new staff on contract management with donors on MSH systems, policies and procedures. This may include classroom and / or remote training where necessary.
- Develop and maintain awareness and awareness of MSH’s strategic objectives and international operations, as well as an understanding of the implications of this on the lessor’s compliance priorities.
- Supervise and supervise compliance personnel under his / her supervision to achieve organizational and individual objectives.
Required Skills :
- Advanced university degree (Bac +4 or equivalent) in accounting, finance, audit, economics, business administration.
- At least seven (7) years of progressively responsible positions in an NGO Finance and Audit Operations team with at least three years of experience in compliance management. Prior experience as a preferred listener
- Strong analytical skills and experience of required financial systems. Mastery of MS Word, Excel, Access. Mastery of required accounting systems (QuickBooks preferred).
- In-depth knowledge of USAID rules and regulations required.
- Experience in preferred international development programs.
- Excellent planning, management and organizational skills.
- Qualified / certified / member of a professional body of accounting or auditing desired
- Proven leadership – interpersonal and communication skills – negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Fluent in French with a strong command of English. Ability to write clear and concise reports.
- Proven ability to exert influence on higher level activities. Take initiative and able to work independently or in teams;
- Demonstrate good collaboration with members of other teams, responding quickly and accurately to questions and problems.
- Strong ethical commitment to high standards of service delivery.
- Any other task as needed.
Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Since its founding in 1971, MSH has worked in over 150 countries with policy makers, health professionals, and health care consumers to improve the quality, availability and affordability of health services. Working with governments, donors, non-governmental organizations, the private sector, and health agencies, MSH responds to priority health problems such as HIV & AIDS; tuberculosis; malaria; maternal, newborn and child health; family planning and reproductive health; and chronic non-communicable diseases such as cancer, diabetes, lung and heart disease. Through strengthening capacity, investing in health systems innovation, MSH is committed to making a difference in global health.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employing employment employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.
Director of Internal Audit at MSH
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org