Nysc Update: What You Must Know Before Going For Nysc Service
NYSC update:” what you must know before going for NYSC service
The NYSC Batch A Online registration begins on the 7th February 2022 and closes on the 11th March 2022.
*This Is a draft of how the zoning and choices can be made, do well to begin and prepare your mind of your chosen state(s)*
*1. North Central(NC) Zone*
Federal Capital Territory
*2. North East(NE) Zone*
*3. North West(NW) Zone*
*4. South East(SE) Zone*
*5. South West(SW) Zone*
*6. South-South(SS) Zone*
*HOW TO CHOOSE*
It is not news that the new NYSC policy, which began with the 2016 Batch A orientation course, now allows every corps member to choose four states from which to serve their fatherland, with one of the four states being chosen at random by the NYSC management. This is how you make your decision:
1 state from the *NC* zone, 1 state from either *NE or NW* zones, 1 state from either *SE or SS* zones,
& 1 state from the *SW* zone. Thank you.
Official NYSC Camp Registration Requirements:
1. CALL UP LETTER: This is a vital part of camp registration and the only evidence that you are a prospective corps member (colloq. Corper, or Otondo) and you are not impersonating anyone. This will be taken from and not returned to you. So if at all you even forget your luggage never forget this.
Tip: Since many will choose the N4,000 option to print online, do try to use a café with laserjet printers and not DeskJet.
Why? Documents printed with DeskJets are more susceptible to water/moisture damage. Just to be on a safer side and you should do this with any document you intend to keep for a very long time. If you can’t find a LaserJet, use anyone.
Tip: DO NOT LAMINATE IT! And keep it like it’s your life. I know someone who was sent back because she forgot hers. Also, someone who had to beg and beg before his letter was collected because he laminated his own copy. So please avoid all these stress and make enough copies of this letter.
Tip: Remember you can REPRINT your
Call-Up letter online if subscribed
(N4,000) to that option.
2. Registration Documents: If you’re a
foreign graduate, take along the original credentials you uploaded (to the NYSC Portal) for physical verification/evaluation. > The List here
3. Green Card: It contains your bio-data. Print and bring along your signed copy.
4. Final Year Student IDENTITY CARD
5. Notification/STATEMENT OF RESULT from School.
6. PHOTOCOPIES OF YOUR DOCUMENTS:
Now make about 10 copies of every document required. There would be photocopiers in camp at the mammy market but trust me, it is double the price and it saves time.
7. PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPHS: This is very important. Take as many as you can, about 20 in red backgrounds. You would need them for different kinds of registration. e.g, skill acquisition groups, religious groups, sports, redeployment, bank account opening e.t.c
8. My CLEAR BAG: You’ll need to put the aforementioned in a portable envelope/ bag that can withstand some amount of wear/tear. Hence, My Clear Bag.
Tip: The forms that will be handed to you are very easy to fill. Attach your passport where necessary and fill them correctly. After your registration, you will be issued with your State Code Number. This will be like your PIN throughout your Service Year.
Nysc Update: What You Must Know Before Going For nysc Service
9. CERTIFICATES/LICENSES: For Doctors, Pharmacists, Nurses & Lab Scientists, take along your proof of certification. Graduates of Medicine and Pharmacy are expected to have their Certificates of Registration with the Nigerian Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (NMDCN) and Pharmacists Council of Nigeria (PCN) respectively.
10. STATIONERY: PEN, PAPER, GUM. This saves time and lots of unnecessary begging.
Tip: Some camps do seize staplers at the gate during check-in. But do not forget to include pins in your stapler if you still decide to take it along.
You will be given a meal ticket that gives you access to the Camp kitchen for the 21 days. Lose it and you have to feed yourself. Even if you do not intend to use it, you will come across someone who would appreciate the kind gesture.
Tip: After getting your NYSC State Code Number (which you have to wear around your neck all through camp with your ID card), you can proceed to claim your NYSC Kit and Mattress after which you can proceed to get a Room. After you have gotten your kit and secured a place in the hostels, you can settle down and you are good to go to start the Military parades.
Now, Your NYSC kit should contain 1 NYSC Crested Vest,
A pair of Khaki Trousers,
Cap and Jacket,
2 White T-shirts, 2 Pairs of Knickers,
&2 pairs of green-striped Stockings,
A Pair of Orange Jungle Boots and
One Pair of White Converse. A “Belt” is also included.
11. ROUND-NECKED WHITE T-SHIRTS: This is an essential outfit in camp in fact in most camps this is the only allowed cloth to be worn throughout your 3 weeks. Even to church, you might not be allowed to wear colored cloths. You would be given 2 pairs of white t-shirts at camp to just fulfill all righteousness which surely would never be your size especially our very slim and small otondo in size. So you can bring extra pairs (6).
Why? Because you probably won’t have time to wash during the week after being stressed out from the parades and Man- O-War drills.
Tip: Do not carry more than 2 pairs of colored clothes because you won’t need them.
12. WHITE SHORTS: I beg you please do bring yours. you would also be given 2 pairs of shorts which are really poor in material. They tear easily and it can be annoying. So my dear Otondos bring like 4 pairs of shorts. Trust me also you won’t like to wash every day, so bring enough to last you like 3 days so that you won’t be stranded.
13. PLAIN WHITE SNEAKERS/TENNIS
SHOES: This is a very important outfit. you would also be given an ugly pair of low quality white tennis shoes customized for NYSC. It’s either you are not given your size although you can find someone with your size and swap. But after the first wash, it starts tearing. So just buy yours (white). They also sell this in camp, so in case you are not able to get you could buy in camp just carry extra cash for that because the price would be higher – as with everything in Mammy – because they know you have no choice than to buy. Now, If you happen to camp during the rainy season (Batch ‘A’), get white rubber sneakers/boots especially if you’re posted to the Southern part of the country (esp. the South-South. Read, Bayelsa).
The parade fields/mammy market will be messed up after the rains. You will get this in camp. Rubber boots in action.
14. WHITE SOCKS: Just get extra pairs.
15. PADLOCKS: [BRING or BUY from Mammy] Please lock your boxes and bags to avoid regrets and tears. I know someone who lost more than 5 items including his two phones – like he’s the only one in camp.
16. WAIST POUCH: /Fanny pack/Bum bag (or for the more fashion-conscious, a cross-body purse). The bum bags are more popular because they won’t bang against you when you’re active and your hands are free to do whatever. You need it to carry your money, phone, small valuables, pens, etc around with you at all
times. You should sleep with it too.
17. MOSQUITO TREATED NET: You would do not want to fall sick in camp from malaria and miss out on the fun. Just bring yours. Also, bring ropes you would use to hang it. The nets usually have these. I also used mine as a room to protect my box and properties from thieves and also from some insects and ants.
18. BASIC DRUGS: Like paracetamol, medicine for your allergies, menstrual, pain relief drug, nausea relief drugs,
antibiotics e.t.c. The camp clinic is sometimes inadequately stocked with drugs so help yourself. To all my friends
get set for this because it is our turn.
Nysc update: what you must know before going for NYSC service
Happy Service year.