Porto-Novo, the capital and city of Benin. This sits in west Africa on the Gulf of Guinea.
It is located in the extreme southeastern part of the country on a coastal lagoon, and was probably formed in the late 16th century. Formerly known as Ajase, the town served as the capital for Popo’s Yoruba province. It later became the center of the Porto-Novo kingdom and prospered as a result of slave trade with the Portuguese.
Some old African palaces remain in ruins, and many colonial-style houses, including the old Portuguese cathedral, are still there.
The town is the administrative capital of Benin ‘s government. Government buildings include the Library and the National Archives. Porto-Novo is connected to the main industrial center of the country at Cotonou by road and rail, and to Lagos , Nigeria.
Since the construction of a railway into the interior and the improvement of deepwater harbor facilities in Cotonou, it has been somewhat bypassed for commercial and industrial development. There are many African handicraftsmen and guilds in the city.
- Places of attraction to visit in Benin Republic
- FASTEST AND MOST EFFECTIVE WAY TO WORK IN CANADA AS A NIGERIAN
- THREE SURE WAYS TO GET AN EUROPEAN CITIZENSHIP
- ANDORRA: Visa, Education, Work Permit And Living Life
- LIST OF SOME ACCREDITED UNIVERSITIES IN COTONOU BENIN REPUBLIC
- 2020 Benin Republic Universities Application Form
- 2020 Admission Requirements and Courses for Fresher and Transfer Student to study in Republic of Benin
- Top Ten (10) astounding Universities dominated by Nigerians in Cotonou Republic of Benin 2020
- LEADPRENEUR ACADEMY Distance Learning
- How to apply for Canada Visa online