NATIONAL YOUTH SERVICE CORPS (NYSC) MOBILAZATION DETAILS
The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) is an organization set up by the Nigerian government to involve the country's graduates in the development of the country. There is no military conscription in Nigeria, but since 1973, graduates of universities and later polytechnics have been required to take part in the National Youth Service Corps program for one year. This is known as national service year. NYSC organizes a three weeks orientation program in order to achieve the following:
- To give Corps Members a better understanding of the objectives of the NYSCScheme and enable them internalize its ideals;
- Acquaint members with their environment in their political, cultural, social and economic setting;
- Prepare Corps members for their particular roles in the Scheme etc.
The NYSC portal is now open to all graduates waiting to register for this year’s mobilization.
Requirements for Registration/Mobilization of Graduates
This is very important information:
In order to ensure a seamless registration, prospective corps members are to note the following for strict compliance:
The Website address is any of the following:
- Prospective Corps members should ensure that they have functional e-mail addresses that they can access and Nigerian (GSM) telephone numbers with which to register.
- Locally trained prospective Corps members are expected to use correct Matriculation numbers to register
- For locally-trained graduates, only those whose names appear in the Senate/Academic Board Approved Result lists submitted by their Institutions will have access to the register on the NYSC portal.
- Foreign-trained prospective corps members should ensure that their Institutions are accredited. Where in doubt, it is their responsibility to approach Federal Ministry of Education for verification. The letter of verification must be uploaded during registration.
- Those who graduated from Institutions outside Nigeria, (Foreign-trained graduates), are to visit the NYSC portal, register and upload the following documents:
- West African School Certificate(WASC) (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent; or General Certificate of Education (GCE O’ Level) (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent; or NECO (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent; or High School Diploma or its equivalent.
- First Degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) Certificate (Second Degree or Ph.D not necessary).
- Transcript of the first Degree or HND.
- International travelling Passport showing data page and date of departure for the course of study.
- It is the responsibility of the prospective corps members who studied in non-English speaking countries to get their Certificates and Transcripts translated into English language before uploading.
- All graduates of Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Physiotherapy, Radiology, Optometry, Medical Laboratory Science and Pharmacy are expected to have their Certificates of Registration with their professional bodies. Payment receipts are not acceptable.
- Unlike in the past, Foreign-trained graduates should NOT visit NYSC Headquarters, Abuja for verification of their documents. This exercise will now be done at the Orientation Camps. They should simply print their call-up letters on-line and report at the Orientation camps in their States of deployment, but should come to the camp with the original documents they uploaded for verification.
- Anybody who presents any fake document will be demobilized and decamped.
- Prospective corps members should ensure that Passport photographs used meet the following specifications:
- Ensure your face (eyes, nose, ears, mouth and jaw) is fully shown without bending
- Make sure the picture fills the frame and centralized
- The Photo background must be white or off-white with no shadow.
- On no account should prospective corps members register by PROXY. They should also remember the fingers used for their biometric capturing as these will be used for verification at the orientation camps. Those who cannot be verified with their biometric at the orientation camp will not be registered.
- Only prospective corps members who want their call-up numbers sent to them through SMS and wish to PRINT their call-up letters on-line are expected to pay the sum of Three Thousand Naira (N3,000.00) (see NYSC Portal on how to make payment).
- Prospective Corps members who do not want to pay the N3,000.00 have the option of going to their schools to collect their call-up numbers and call-up letters.
- All prospective corps members who paid for the online registration before but were not mobilized need not pay again.
- Married female prospective corps members (whether locally or foreign-trained) should upload copies of their marriage Certificates, evidence of Change of name and their husbands’ place of domicile during registration.
- The orientation camp is highly not ideal for pregnant and nursing mothers. Prospective corps members in this category are therefore to note that they will not be accommodated.
- All Part-time graduates are expected to register online and wait for collection of their Letter of Exclusion at their various Institutions. For those willing to print the Letter of Exclusion online, this can be done on payment of Three Thousand Naira (N3, 000.00) only.
- Please note that once the portal is closed, there will be no further registration.
2018 NYSC MOBILIZATION TIMETABLE
S/N EVENT DATE 1 2018 Batch 'A' Pre-Mobilization Workshop 5th - 9th March 2018 2 Briefing/Sensitization of Final year students/prospective corps Members. 5th March - 16th April 2018 3 Display of list of all approved programmes for institutions on NYSC portal for cross checking and feedback 9th - 13th March 2018 4 Collation of Prospective Corps Members' Data by Corps Producing Institutions CPIs 9th - 13th March 2018 5 Submission/Uploading of Senate/Academic Board Approved Results for Full/Part-Time Graduates and Revalidation Lists by CPIs 19th - 24th March 2018 6 On-line Registration by Foreign and locally Trained Nigerian Graduates 26th March - 8th April 2018 7 Deployment and Printing of Call-up Letters by ICT Department 9th - 11th April, 2018 8 Notification/On-line Printing of Call-up Letters/Delivery of Call-up letters to Institutions (stream I) 12th - 15th April, 2018 9 On-line Printing of Deployment Disposition by Corps Producing Institutions (CPIs) 12th - 16th April, 2018 10 2018 Batch 'A' Orientation Course (Stream I and II)2018 Batch 'A' Orientation Course (Stream I and II)
Congratulations to all the graduates waiting for mobilization, be sure to visit NYSC Camp Requirements to know what you need in camp